In-store pickup is available for all orders placed directly with JD Fabrications Inc. Please select warehouse pickup upon checking out.
Products ordered by themselves weighing under 100 lbs. will be shipped via UPS or Fedex Ground. Shipping times are calculated based on the date of shipment, not the order date.
Curbside Drop-off For Large Orders
Grills and other heavy products are shipped via freight carrier only. the appropriate shipping options are given during checkout. Freight deliveries are curbside delivery only (any white-glove services are not included).
Important Freight Information
All freight shipments will require access for a semi-truck and trailer to deliver. If you live in an area with limited access or outside of our delivery area, it may be necessary to pick your product up at the nearest freight terminal. We will not be responsible or compensate for additional delivery fees in these areas. If this is a concern in your area, your please contact our customer service team and we will be glad to discuss this with the freight company before the item is purchased. Freight cannot be shipped to a P.O. box; a physical address must be used at checkout.
For freight shipments going to a residential address, the shipping company will call you the day your order is delivered at the local terminal to schedule a delivery appointment. All residential freight orders require an appointment to be delivered. Oftentimes, the estimated delivery date on the freight carriers website will be incorrect because of the appointment policy. Do not make arrangements to stay home to accept delivery until the shipping company calls you to set an appointment.
Our complimentary lift gate service is available for all residential deliveries. The driver will take your delivery off the truck for you, but it is your responsibility to bring it onto your property. Please take a few minutes to examine the exterior of your package for any visible damage. You should unpack your item at the time of delivery in the driver’s presence. In the unlikely instance that you recognize damage, remember to note it on the Proof of Delivery (POD) slip that you’ll receive from the driver. Take photos of the noted damage and email them to us at Sales@jdfabrications.com. In most cases it is in everyone’s best interest to refuse delivery of the product if damage of any kind is noted. If you choose to accept the freight and noted damage on delivery slip, we will assist in filing any claims with the freight company for damage reimbursement. We will not be responsible for damaged items that are not noted on the POD. By signing the proof of delivery you accept ownership of the property in its current condition.
How To Get A Shipping Quote
Frequently Asked Questions
Grills 48" and smaller are shipped without wheels installed. Round wheels will also need to be installed. Installation takes less than 15 minutes and can be installed while on pallet. All grills larger than 48" are fully assembled.
JD Fabrications Inc. website only calculates residential curbside freight quotes. For commercial freight quotes please email us with your address and whether or not you have a loading doc or forklift.
All discounts are automatically calculated by the website.
JD Fabrication Inc. does not guaranty freight times. In general freight takes 2-7 business days.
While it is not a typical occurrence, damage during transit does happen. Please follow this protocol when accepting your shipment:
- Remove the plastic wrap and inspect the grill for damage before signing the delivery receipt.
- IF DAMAGE IS FOUND: Customer must have the driver or terminal staff specifically NOTE SPECIFIC DAMAGE ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT ON BOTH COPIES BEFORE SIGNING for the shipment. Without carrier noted damage JD Fabrications cannot assist with reimbursement or replacement of damaged items.
- If damage is noticeable from the outside take pictures before unwrapping or take a video while unwrapping.
- Take pictures of the grill still on the pallet to show any damage after unwrapping.
- If you have opted to pick up at a freight terminal, damage must be noted before the shipment leaves the terminal.
- Contact us within 24 hours of delivery or pickup so we can submit a damage claim with the carrier and provide any replacement parts.
- JD Fabrications will either repair or replace products at JD Fabrications’ option.
- Products shipped to a terminal for pick up must be picked up within 72 hours of being notified by carrier. Storage fees may apply if order is not picked up within 72 hours. We will bill separately for any such storage fees.
- If customer cannot be reached within 7 days of first attempted contact by delivery company or JD Fabrications inc., the customer's order will be returned to JD Fabrications inc.. The customer will then be refunded the original purchase price of the order, less shipping costs.