How to assemble a stainless Santa Maria grill
Round wheel install:
- Slide the provided round wheel through the upper guide hole.
- Make sure that the round wheels pillow block aligns with the two 3/8″ stainless studs and inserts into the opposite sides pillow block bearing.
- Leave enough room so the 3/8″ nuts can be inserted onto the studs.
- Insert the 3/8″ bolts onto the studs. Hand tighten the bolts until they have a snug fit. Don’t overtighten.
- Tighten set screws on the pillow blocks.
Ratchet bar install:
- Place the provided 3/8″ bolt through the ratchets bar 7/16″ hole.
- Make sure that the threads are facing opposite the round stock.
- Place the threaded end of the bolt through the L shaped backing plates 7/16″ hole.
- Make sure the bolt is facing downwards with the round bar above the bolt.
- Place 3/8″ nut on the backside of the plate.
- take your two 9/16 wrenches and tighten the nut and bolt until its secure.
- Back off the bolt and nut 1/4″ turn until the bar is slightly loose.
- Push the provided cable through the crank shafts two holes.
- Make sure both wires hang down equally. (for appearance purposes)
- Slide one cable clamp onto the wire.
- loop the wire through the grates tab. Until you have a 1.5″-2″ loop.
- Slide the cable clamp over the loop and tighten with 8mm socket.
- Slide the remaining cable clamp over the opposite end wire.
- loop the wire through the grates tab. Pull until the slack is out of the wire.
- slide the cable clamp over the loop and tighten with 8mm socket.
- snip and excess wire for a clean look.
- If your grill has a log lighter installed then place two small 1.5″ blocks under the grate before installing the wire.
How to install a round wheel, ratchet bar, and cable on a stainless grill
How to install round wheel, Ratchet bar, and wire grate on a Stainless Santa Maria Grill from JD Fabrications BBQ.
The video was uploaded on 4/13/2021.
You can view the video here.
The video lasts for 3 minutes and 52 seconds.